Understanding my world

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Another one of these “Important” days

I have my annual review meeting tomorrow morning and I’m a little ticked off. I got a paper copy of my review before hand, its nice for the most part except the fact it questions my competency and says that I need extra supervision compared to other , this part really ticks me off for the following reasons
1) My manager is not a software person and I know he had the senior software engineer in my group to do this review. This guy (senior software engineer) is a good friend of mine but he is the kind that believes in tough love. I know the points he’s come up with hold some value but his whole trip on making it sound worse to make me work harder is going to back fire.
2) I felt like the golden boy when I left about this time last year for India but in my absence someone else has taken my spotlight. Lets call this guy mr X. when I left me and mr X were at the same level even though he’d been here for a year more than I had , but while I was far away working for this joint he transitioned into someone important and now it looks like his time has come. I don’t grudge his success I really don’t. He’s one of my best friends but in my mind I’ve done as well as he has and still I fell like I’ve lost.
3) I had a small stint in the middle in which I went job hunting and it didn’t work out . I so wish I had something in my pocket so that I could walk into the meeting tomorrow and not have to put up with any B.S. and have the option of walking out.
4) All in all I feel mediocre after a very long time and I cant accept that . I wont accept that. A small piece of me wishes that I get an insignificant raise and it pushes me to get off my ass . On the other hand a much larger piece of me ( read all of me) wishes that I get a good raise and I can look forward to moving on knowing that I’m still on a roll.

1 Comments:

  • hang in there buddy...jhakaas business plan on the way..btw who is X and how come i ve never heard of him before...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home