Understanding my world

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Legacy

What are you afraid of my child,
Why should you care what people think of you.

Will you care if they build monuments in you name
Say that you were one of a kind or better yet, divine
If they worship you and live by your word
They kill their fellow man
Will you be to blame my love.

Will you care if they call you a legend
And talk of you if you were better than all the rest of us
If they remove all that makes you human to fit their mold
Would you still like it if it was no longer you my love.

Will you care if you are remembered
With fondness and with love
With tears and with joy
Every time they play that segment on TV
And then forgotten by the time the hour hand moves.

Tell me my love why do you work so hard
To build this identity to be remembered
Tell me the truth , come on you can try
You fear fading away without a trace
Just another name with no face!

2 Comments:

  • The boy reckons himself a poet.

    And a good one at that.

    Nice. Nice.

    By Blogger Jugband Blues, at 2:29 PM  

  • Awwwww....so cute!! - Harsha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home